Friday, September 17, 2010

A day of frustrations...but still choose to praise God!

My goal for the day was to fold my laundry, upload pictures, order a photo gift, and visit a friend who just had a baby. As you all know yesterday was a wonderful day.  Today, not so much!  I have tried to get things done but miss lil peanut thinks my day needs to revolve around her today!  First of all, she wouldn't take a nap this morning before our chiropractic appointment when she was suppose to, so what does she do?  When we are suppose to be walking out the door, she falls alseep.  So I let her sleep for 10 mins, hoping the dr is running behind.  We leave and get to the office and are only 5 minutes late, and yes the dr was running behind!  Phew!  I tell myself.  Okay, now lets go back home and give you a real nap I tell lil peanut.  So we get home, I change her diaper and bring her upstairs.  I wanted to try and rock her again but have no luck.  She pulls on my glasses, smacks my face, wrenches her back and wails!  I'm getting frustrated and don't know what to do, so I tried to nurse her.  No, that definetly was not the answer!  So to keep sane and her safe I put her in the crib, put up the side, and went downstairs to hopefully get a start on my day.  ( I wanted to get pictures posted, uploaded to walmart, and pick out some photo gifts) Mind you she's upstairs screaming, I'm downstairs trying to upload pics.  I finally sit down at the computer to get these pictures down.  I'm having a hard time concentrating because lil peanut is wailing upstairs.  But I try to upload pics to walmart.  We have a very nice professional camera and software (lightroom and photoshop)  So I know these pics are good quality.  Walmart.com proceeds to tell me that they have low quality.  Then I remembered I left lil peanut upstairs wailing.  I went upstairs, picked her up and rocked her to sleep.  She's now sobbing in her sleep, I place her in the crib and race back to the computer. So I try different sites, different exports out of lightroom and still could not get the resolution higher.  I finally figured something out that I think worked and uploaded them to walmart.  I go to my email and find out that only one person I e-mailed responded about the photos.  That means I cannot print them yet.  So I go and try to print a photo gift for lil peanut's granny and it won't work.  Lil peanut wakes up after only sleeping 30 minutes.  At this point I gave up on the photos from walmart.  I go get her out of the crib, change her diaper, and feed her lunch.  She doesn't want to eat her lunch well so I go back into the computer room and put her in her saucer...
she seemed to be okay in there for awhile.  I then posted my pictures, she poops her pants and starts fussing.  It's now been about 2 hours since her cat nap.  So I changed her diaper and took her back upstairs to take a nap.  I tried to nurse her, she hurt me, so I gave her the nuk.  Then she started hitting me, pulling my glasses and wailing.  I was frustrated. So I left her and she fussed herself to sleep as I sat in the bathroom praying for patience! At this point, I have now given up on visiting with my friend who just had a baby and the rest of the photos.  Well, God granted me some extra patience today and the gift of sleep for lil peanut...
She fell asleep on her own!  Yipee!  But she was in our bed, not her crib :(  So I put pillows around her and went downstairs to start the laundry. I then got on the computer and started reading Acts 1 for my devotional for the day, I needed it!   I got one load in the washer and no clothes folded and she wakes up again!  After only 25 mins of sleeping!!!  So I went back upstairs and tried to rock her back to sleep.  No luck, pulling my glasses, smacking my face, and wailing.  So we went back downstairs and I put her back in her saucer and I read this post, and I then realized my day wasn't so bad and I am prasing God for even my frustrated un-productive day!