Thursday, October 20, 2011

The wife and the rib

Today, I must confess, I failed yet again to allow the Lord to work thru me. Satan had a foothold and I complained to SuperDaddy about all the misery I'm dealing with. The Lord gently reminded me that He is all I need and I just need to turn to Him for rescue. I immeadeatly started to pray and ask Him for forgivenss. Our Lord keeps His promises! Such an amazing thing, yet we doubt Him at times. why? Our sinful nature is a powerful dangerous part of us. I praise the Lord for saving me and showing me His unconditional Love! For how I do not deserve it, yet He freely gives it continually!

Today's lesson in my study is about the wife and the rib. Why did God use Adams rib to make Eve? Some of the key points that stood out to me we're...

Woman was made to be by the mans side. "to walk alongside him, to bless, support, and to protect him, to be the closet thing to his heart."

God made women to be delicate in nature.

God made women strong-"this gives us the ability to fight for our families and what we believe in."

We protect his heart and lungs, his vigor. "all that he breathes in and breathes out is dependent on his wife's protection."


So what can I take from this... Well I definetly know that this morning I was a huge discouragement to my husband when I just kept complaining through text messages how awful my day was going. That was nothing but encouraging to him. He is at a loss in how to respond to such behavior. God wants me to encourage my husband and build him up. So the life application for me today is to pray and think before I speak(or text) I need to have wholesome uplifting words leave my mouth for anyone I may be talking to/with, but especially my husband.

Dear heavenly father, I'm so sorry for the way I was this morning, I ask for your and SuperDaddys forgiveness. I pray I could lean on you and with your strength not allow Satan to grab a foothold. I pray you continue to mold me and make me into the woman you have planned. Please change my heart. In Jesus name, amen.