A modern day Rib in Action: "Biblically submissive wife living in a modern day world."
How does the rib protect his heart (vigor-life-blood) and lungs (air breathed)?
- Yearns for his wife's acceptance of him
- Her respect
- Her love and devotion
Nagging and quarreling sucks the life out of your husband-which is unbiblical. I am very guilty of this offense, I have been a quarrelsome wife and I'm sorry Lord Jesus, please help me to change!
Proverbs 21:9 and 25:24
It is better to live in a corner of the housetop
These are the verses that pierced my inner soul today. As I asked SuperDaddy to be honest with me the other day and I said, "In your opinion, what do I need to work on to be a proverbs 31 wife." After much hesitation he responded, "less quarreling." Wow, after reading these verse, I cannot believe what I have been doing to my husband! For it is better for him to live in a corner of the housetop than to live in a home with me. Lord, please forgive me and change my heart to be an encouraging uplifting wife who provides a peaceful home for her husband.
"As wives, we are to protect the air our husbands breathe in and protect the air he breathes out."
How?- Air breathed in...
- Protect his atmosphere by making our homes (with the Lord's strength) a place of restoration, peace, and comfort.
- set out each day to intentionally bless my husband with my words and actions.
- communication-when he has spoken wrongly to you or someone else, tell him with gentleness and Love only in private.
- If in public, in humility ask for forgiveness that you frustrated him. Then after prayer and if he really offended you and didn't just act in the way you wanted him to; bring it up in private to discuss.