Friday, October 21, 2011

A modern day Rib in action...

Today I am beaming with excitement!!!  Today is officially the first day in 2 weeks that I am off of bed rest!!!  We are now 37 weeks pregnant and considered full-term.  We are praying for a successful healthy home-birth.  I hope it's not much longer now for I cannot wait to NOT to pregnant anymore!!  I praise the Lord for carrying our little guy inside until he was considered full-term!  Boy, am I excited to meet him though!!!  Today, in my bible study, I worked on "a modern day rib in action."  Wow!! Today God has convicted me of so much I am lacking and causing pain to my husband.  I want to be the wife he needs, not the one who causes him strife and discouragement.  Lord, please change my heart to be a proverbs 31 wife.  Here are my notes of today...

A modern day Rib in Action:  "Biblically submissive wife living in a modern day world."

How does the rib protect his heart (vigor-life-blood) and lungs (air breathed)?

The Heart
  • Yearns for his wife's acceptance of him
  • Her respect
  • Her love and devotion
"We feel like because we are the "weaker vessel" it is more important that we receive praise, acceptance and appreciation from our husbands without realizing that he needs ours to survive."

Nagging and quarreling sucks the life out of your husband-which is unbiblical.  I am very guilty of this offense, I have been a quarrelsome wife and I'm sorry Lord Jesus, please help me to change! 

 Proverbs 21:9 and 25:24
It is better to live in a corner of the housetop
than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife.

These are the verses that pierced my inner soul today.  As I asked SuperDaddy to be honest with me the other day and I said, "In your opinion, what do I need to work on to be a proverbs 31 wife."  After much hesitation he responded, "less quarreling." Wow, after reading these verse, I cannot believe what I have been doing to my husband!  For it is better for him to live in a corner of the housetop than to live in a home with me.  Lord, please forgive me and change my heart to be an encouraging uplifting wife who provides a peaceful home for her husband.


The Lungs

"As wives, we are to protect the air our husbands breathe in and protect the air he breathes out."

How?- Air breathed in...
  • Protect his atmosphere by making our homes (with the Lord's strength) a place of restoration, peace, and comfort.
  • set out each day to intentionally bless my husband with my words and actions. 
Air breathed out...
  • communication-when he has spoken wrongly to you or someone else, tell him with gentleness and Love only in private.
  • If in public, in humility ask for forgiveness that you frustrated him.  Then after prayer and if he really offended you and didn't just act in the way you wanted him to; bring it up in private to discuss. 
Like I said, so much to learn from the study today that I may need to recap tomorrow and meditate on what God is revealing through this one day of study.  So much I need to learn and change and with God's help, I trust and believe I can become the wife SuperDaddy needs.  Lord, please help me change my heart and actions toward my wonderful husband.  May I always put his needs before my own, learn to show him my acceptance, respect, love, and devotion to him, create a home that brings restoration, peace, and comfort to his inner being, set out each day to bless him, and to communicate respectfully and humbly with him bringing you honor and glory. Please mold me and change me into a woman after your own heart and a wife that brings honor to my husband. In Jesus name, Amen.