Monday, October 24, 2011

Difference between Submission and Obedience

Today the bible study session was short, but that is okay because I am still trying to work on and apply the previous days application to my life!  I have been struggling a bit to put Super Daddy's needs above my own, because I still stumble and fall many times a day!!  I'm so ready for this baby to come out!  I'm irritated by things left out and not taken care of, having to ask for so many times for one thing or another.  I have a bad attitude most days; I'm a sinner and I struggle a lot! 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 has been on my heart lately.  I need to apply this to my daily life.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

I'm sorry Jesus for not allowing you to continually to work in my heart.  I pray that I will surrender EVERYTHING to you and put you first in my life. Please allow your love to penetrate my inner being and may it overflow to others around me.  I want to love like you do, please change me and mold me.  I pray for a change of heart and that I WILL apply these truths you are teaching me to my heart and life.  I pray my husband feels my love and devotion for him. 

Today's study is the difference between submission and obedience...

Submission requires 1. love 2. respect 3. willing yield to another.  Obedience doesn't require those nor does it even require a relationship.  It is merely obeying a command or set of instruction from another.

"A submissive wife not only brings order to her house, but she excels above a merely obedient wife by blessing her husband with the beauty of Christ - and everything pales in comparison to Christ."