Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Little Man's Check-up


Little man's check up on Monday didn't go as expected. He is down more weight. We are seeing a pediatric dietitian at Marshfield clinic next week for a second opinion and possibly alteration of his current diet plan. If the diet doesn't start stabilizing his weight, his pediatrician will put him into the hospital for a controlled environment to figure out how to help him grow. Please continue to pray for wisdom as we decide which direction to pursue. There are thousands of opinions being brought our way and it becomes overwhelming. We are making the best decisions we know how given the circumstances, our prayers, research, and the doctors God has put in our lives right now. Under the direction of his pediatrician, Dr. Mathias, and as a family this is our plan. We appreciate the prayers and support greatly. Please continue to pray for Little Man's healing and growth. Please pray that the dietitian can offer some help to him. If these next steps do not help our little man, we will consider looking into other options across the nation. But in my heart, from a parent to a parent, I don't feel it will come to that. I trust Dr. David Mathias with my son. God put this pediatrician in our lives for a reason and I'm trusting God with my son's life. As of right now, we are still working with Dr. Kevin, the nutritionist, as well.
This experience with my son has brought my husband and I closer, even when we thought we couldn't get any closer. We are closer to The Lord and our hearts are full of Joy. True Joy comes from The Lord not our circumstances. Our greatest prayer is that God will receive Glory and honor from our son's story. Little man is a fighter, I have faith that he will grow, and know deep in my heart that we all are going to be just fine, better than fine; we will all be better because of this trail in our lives. Romans 5:3-5 says "we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance, character, and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint (or put us to shame) because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us". We trust in our Savior, please join us in trusting God and praying for Little Man's growth and the doctors' wisdom. God never promised life would be easy just possible through Him! Philippians 4:13 " I can do all things through Him (Christ) who gives me strength."